top of page

Kitchen Electrical Services

Contemporary Kitchen Design

Me Time – The Complete Home Service offers a variety of kitchen electrical services, from first and second fix electrics, extractor hoods and lighting, to plug sockets and more. 


For new kitchen installations we are happy to work alongside your kitchen installers in order to ensure the best outcome for your project.  

From new Island Lighting through to replacement Hobs and Ovens, Me Time in Tonbridge are on hand to help deliver a great result.  

Me Time in Tonbridge - Kitchen Electrical Services

  • Kitchen Rewires

  • Kitchen wiring alteration during refurbishment

  • Kitchen lighting installation and repair

  • Kitchen Island Lighting installation

  • Oven and Hob electrics installed

  • Ovens and hobs installed or connected

Extractor Hood Installation

Frequently Asked Questions - Kitchen Electrics

Can a Kitchen Fitter do my electrical work?

If the electrical work in minor, such as moving some plug sockets, it is not illegal for a kitchen fitter to do the work. However, it is a requirement that the work is completed to BS7671 and relevant Minor Works Certification is produced following testing of the work.  It is unlikely that most kitchen fitters possess the equipment and knowledge to do this fully, so it's always advisable to stipulate that a registered electrician should do the work.  Me Time in Tonbridge will be happy to help.   

Do I need RCD Protection for Kitchen Electrical Work?

Yes!  30ma RCD Protection must be provided and be tested using specialist equipment.  Me Time in Tonbridge carry out all necessary tests as part of the work. 

I'd like an induction Hob Fitted, do I need to change anything beforehand?

Most often, yes.  Induction Hobs have electronics built-in which can affect the operation of the RCD's in your Consumer Unit.  Leaked DC Current 'stuns' or 'blinds' the RCD, rendering them temporarily useless.  New RCD's of a specific type are required to prevent this, so a quick check of your consumer unit and the manufacturers instructions will help us ascertain the minor work required to safely install it for you.  Please get in touch for a discussion and quote.   

Do I need a new Consumer Unit if I'm having a new Kitchen?

If your new kitchen requires extra circuits to be added and the current Consumer Unit is old, it will most likely require a replacement, or at least a separate new one installed covering the new circuits only.  This will be to comply with the latest regulations regarding Surge Protection and RCD Types compatible with modern electronically controlled appliances such as Induction Hobs and newer Washing Machines.  

bottom of page